Connect with us

In Depth

Commemoration of Saudi funeral bombing two years ago held in Sana’a

Two years after the Saudi invaders attacked the Sana’a Funeral Hall, massacring 140 civilians and wounding over 600 others, the people of Sana’a have held an official commemoration honouring the dead and demanding justice.

Published

on

SANA’A – An official commemoration ceremony of the Saudi bombing of the Sana’a Funeral Hall, which took place on 8 October 2016, has been held in the Yemeni capital, in attendance of large amounts of mourners as well as high-ranking political and military officials.

On October 8th, 2016, the Saudi aggressor forces deliberately attacked the Funeral Hall, massacring 140 civilians and injuring over 600 in one of the most blatant acts of mass murder targeting civilians since the start of the invasion in March 2015.

The commemoration event was attended by Prime Minister Abdulaziz bin Habtoor, a number of ministers and members of the House of Representatives and the Shura Council, as well as military leaders, representatives of political parties and social activist groups, a large number of citizens and relatives of victims of the massacre.

An official statement made during the event stated that “The massacre committed by the US-Saudi aggression and its mercenaries on October 8th, 2016, which killed 140 citizens and injured over 600 others, is a reflection of the US and its allies in this aggression hatred to Yemen and Yemenis.”

The statement furthermore called upon the United Nations and the international community to take up its responsibility and call the US, Saudi Arabia and the other members of the invading coalition to order, and asked for an impartian international inquiry mission to be created in order to investigate war crimes committed in Yemen and prosecute the culprits.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Featured

Yemen has met all concessions of prisoner exchange agreement

Published

on

SANA’A -Abdul Qadir al-Mortada, Chairman of the National Committee for Prisoners ‘ Affairs has confirmed that the national delegation has made all the concessions for the full implementation of the prisoner exchange agreement concluded in Sweden.

“We did not mind the implementation of a prisoner exchange agreement, but the other party is not ready for the implementation, and the United Nations knows it,” Murtada told reporters on Tuesday.

“We had hoped that the United Nations would be more transparent than we heard yesterday,” he added.

Last month, the National Committee for Prisoners’ Affairs presented an initiative that included an initial exchange in which a minimum of 1,000 prisoners from both sides are to be released on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, but the Saudi-led party ignored the initiative.

Continue Reading

Featured

Abdul Salam: Some humanitarian organisations are working with the invaders

Published

on

SANA’A -The official spokesman for Ansurallah, Mohammed Abdel Salam, has accused international humanitarian organisations of working with foreign intelligence agencies for the benefit of the coalition countries.

He asserted that some of these organisations are being exposed all over Yemen.

Abdul Salam furthermore demanded that they prove their humanitarian motivation and adhered to “humanitarian works away from political, security and intelligence abuse”.

“Organizations and agencies working with international intelligence agencies are selling information, data and coordinates to the countries of aggression under the pretext of humanitarian action,” Abdel Salam said in a statement issued on Tuesday night.

“The Yemeni people are fully aware of the tricks of the suspicious organizations and no longer can be deceived by the crocodile tears and pretentions of being humane. These organisations have to realize that.”

“If you are keen to address the humanitarian situation, you have to accuse the one who imposes the blockade and cause this tragedy.”

“The alleged assistance of these organizations has not and will not cover the needs of nearly 30 million Yemeni people for food, medicine, essential and basic necessities,” he added.

“Your assistance, which you describe as humanity,is deprived of its true meaning of humanity if you employ intelligence, espionage and political manipulation.”

However, Mohamed Abdel Salam also said in return that he will welcome any impartial humanitarian action.

“We bless any impartial humanitarian work away from political abuse, security recruitment and the collection of information and data for the benefit of the countries of aggression,” he said.

Abdul Salam stressed in this context that the supporting of the coalition war and the provision of aid cannot came together.

“Those who provide weapons to the countries of aggression and cover their crimes are not qualified to offer humanitarian assistance and if they do so, they do it for inhumane purposes,” he said.

Continue Reading

Featured

Contaminated food “aid” seized and sent back in Hodeidah port

Published

on

HODEIDAH – The Yemen Standardization Metrology & Quality Control Organization (YSMO) at the port of Hodeidah has seized the vessel SK FRIENDSHIP, which was caught carrying 120,000 sachets of wheat flour unsuitable for human consumption. The YSMO obligated the ship’s captain to return the shipment to the exporting country.

In a statement obtained by Al-Masirah Net, the organization said that the materials belong the World Food Program (WFP).

According to the statement, the Organization has returned four vessels belonging to World Food Program (WFP) loaded with contaminated and expired relief aid, which is unfit for human use, since the beginning of 2019.

The Head of Plant Quarantine at the ports of Hodeidah and Salif confirmed that the shipment carries toxic materials that are potentially deadly to consumers.

Continue Reading

Top stories