Connect with us

Featured

Mohammed al-Houthi calls on Hadi administration to be transparent about revenues of the state

Published

on

SANA’A -Mohammed Ali al-Houthi has challenged the Saudi-backed so-called “government” of the exiled former president Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi to be transparent about the revenues of the state and its banks.

“The war of propaganda is being waged by the countries of the aggression, and they are working to promote rumors and lies against those who reject the occupation,” Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said a tweet on Sunday night.

“One of the most popular things they do in order to antagonize people against one other, is imposing a blockade, looting revenues, printing new currency, refusing to pay salaries, and manipulating real prices,” he continued.

“I challenge them to agree on transparency, to let the people know what is going on in terms of looting and corruption. A committee of academics from Universities of Sana’a and Aden, Yemeni experts and the people should be the judge,” al-Houthi said.

The chairman of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee furthermore reiterated the support of Sana’a for the consolidation of revenues, saying: “We are in favor of uniting all revenues of the Republic of Yemen according to a chronic mechanism, in exchange for stabilizing the economy and the paying of salaries.”

“These salaries are owed to the employees of the Republic of Yemen known in the Civil Service statements and the Central Bank. Those who stand against them are opposing not just a person or component, but are opposing the homeland.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Featured

UK suspends new arms export licenses to Saudi-led coalition

Published

on

SANA’A – The British government announced on Tuesday that it will not be granting any new licenses for arms exports to Bahrain as well as all other members of the Saudi-led coalition bombing Yemen.

The announcement comes after Britain’s Court of Appeal ruled that the process by which arms export licenses had been issued was unlawful.

The court ruling last Thursday followed a legal challenge by the Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT), which accused the UK of breaching international humanitarian law.

Riyadh’s coalition, which has been bombing Yemen since March 2015, groups Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Egypt.

The military campaign has killed tens of thousands of people while many more have died as a result of starvation and disease.

The UK has licensed at least £4.7 billion worth of arms to Saudi Arabia since the start of the conflict.

Meanwhile, export licenses to Bahrain exceeded £56.6 million over the last three years, according to CAAT’s data.

Tuesday’s announcement, however, does not mean that all arms exports to these Persian Gulf monarchies are going to be halted.

The UK government explained that “extant licenses – those granted before this judgment – are not immediately affected by the Court Order.”

“Exporters may continue to export under extant licenses,” the government added in a statement.

Continue Reading

Featured

Mohammed Abdul Salam: “Neither Palestinian cause nor capital Jerusalem will be lost”

Published

on

SANA’A – The Palestinian cause will not be lost, as it has become today stronger than before, the official spokesman of Ansarullah Mohammed Abdul Salam said Tuesday, considering what emerged at the Bahrain conference of weak content does not deserve to hold a press encounter rather than a conference.

Commenting on the Bahrain workshop, Abdul Salam said that after the long preparation, overt and covert conspiracies, the Bahrain conference proved that Palestine can not be swallowed by “an adventurous investor,” or jumped by “a gambler politician”.

“Those who follow this ominous deal expose their weakness and betrayal to the cause of the Islamic and Arab nation before the world.”

“A cause as the Palestinian one, a capital as the Jerusalem and a holy land as Al-Aqsa Mosque, will not be lost,” he said.

The spokesman of Ansarullah ridiculed participants at the Manama workshop saying, “They stood up in front of Kuchner who gave them a lecture about the benefits of the deal of the century and after the end of the noise, it is a silly bribe does not deserve a press encounter rather than a conference.”

He stressed that the popular and political movement carried out by the free nation and resistance leaders everywhere in the world has a direct impact on the weakening of this deal and the distortion of all those who attended, sponsored or supported it. It as a betrayal of the most important issue in which most people of the region and the world believe in.

Abdul Salam pointed out that the plots of the enemy will not stop on Palestine and the axis of resistance, stressing that “we will not stop a moment to stand in the face of falsehood by all means.”

He praised the level of awareness of the peoples of the Arab and Islamic nation to face this deal. “The Zionist entity will remain an enemy of the nation and a grabber of part of its territory.”

 

Source: AhlulBayt News Agency

Continue Reading

Featured

Zionist lobby groups in uproar due to Yemeni anti-war activist visit to House of Commons

Published

on

SANA’A -A Yemeni activist provoked the Zionist lobby groups in the United Kingdom after receiving an invitation from a British deputy for the Cooperative Action Party to attend a meeting in the House of Commons.

The British House of Commons Jewish group attacked the Brighton MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle for hosting the Yemeni activist Ahmed Alshami at a Stop the War Coalition meeting in the House Commons on Tuesday, The Sun newspaper reported.

According to the newspaper, Jennifer Gerber, director of Labour Friends of Israel, a Zionist pressure group within the Labour Party, described the invitation as “utterly appalling”.

“It is utterly appalling that a Labour MP would host in parliament the mouthpiece of a violent group supported by Iran which advocates hatred against Jews and the State of Israel.”

She launched a verbal attack on MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle saying: “in the fight against antisemitism in the Labour party, there are only two sides; and Lloyd Russell-Moyle has again shamefully chosen to ally himself with those who defend and propagate anti-Jewish racism.”

The statement of the Zionist MP uses typical but unproven accusations against Ansarullah, including the Saudi claim that Ansarullah is “supported by Iran”. No evidence of Iranian involvement in the Yemeni conflict has ever been found.

MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle defended himself by stating that: “The Labour Party supports all efforts to reach a peaceful settlement in Yemen, and this means encouraging dialogue with all sides, regardless of how we disagree with their views.”

Ahmed Alshami, the Yemeni activist invited to the parliament meeting by Russel-Moylen, runs the Arwa Association for the Monitoring of Arab Human Rights, and is active in the campaign against the war coalition in Yemen

Continue Reading

Top stories