Connect with us

Featured

Photos: Yemeni Army obliterates invaders in Kilo 16 area with masterful pincer movement

The Armed Forces and Popular Committees of Yemen have driven the Saudi-led invaders out of the strategic Kilo 16 area in Hodeidah province, following a masterfully carried out pincer movement ambush that came after Saudi coalition forces occupied the territory for merely three hours.

Published

on

SANA’A – The Armed Forces and Popular Committees of the Republic of Yemen have dealt a severe defeat to Saudi coalition invading forces in the Kilo 16 area, pushing the invaders back into the desert. Reports from the frontline directly contradict earlier Saudi reports that claimed they had fully captured Kilo 16 and the highway connectin Hodeidah to the Yemeni capital of Sana’a.

Field sources from Kilo 16 that were reported by the Yemen Press Agency and Yemen Extra, confirmed that the Saudis only controlled Kilo 16 for a total of three hours, after an intense battle that started on Wednesday. Right afterwards, a series of successful ambushes and ferocious counterattacks by the defenders of Yemen forces the invading troops to retreat and relinquish control of Kilo 16.

On Wednesday, the Saudi-led coalition launched a massive assault on the area connecting the port city of Hodeidah with the capital of Sana’a, in an attempt to cut off the heartland of Yemen from humanitarian aid coming in through Hodeidah. Thousands of troops and foreign mercenaries were pushed towards Hodeidah, supported by over 70 carpet bombing airstrikes attacking anything in the area.

The Yemeni Army defending Kilo 16 retreated from the area before the Saudi advance even properly got there, in what Yemen’s Ministry of Defence confirmed was part of a planned ambush plan. The Saudi attack arrived in the area not soon after, and declared its mission accomplished.

However, just three hours after the arrival of the Saudis in Kilo 16, the Yemeni Armed Forces launched a surprise attack, striking the unexpecting Saudi forces with full ferocity. The coalition troops, massed on a relatively small and open area of territory, suffered heavy losses, including at least 29 military vehicles and dozens of casualties, among them high-ranking officers.

Reports from the frontline describe that the Yemeni forces conducted a near total encirclement of the Saudi troops, attacking them from all sides in a massive pincer movement. After a short but heavy fight, the invaders were forced to retreat with heavy casualties, marking a severe setback for their plans of conquering the West Coast of Yemen.

Source of photos: Yemen Extra.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Featured

Information Minister: UN envoy for Yemen has not contacted us about the new consultations in Sweden

Published

on

SANA’A – The international envoy for Yemen, Martin Griffiths, has not contacted with the national salvation government about holding a new round of consultations in Sweden, Information Minister Deifallah Al-Shami said on Friday.

“So far, there is no communication about finding a peaceful, just and comprehensive solution at all,” Deifallah Al-Shami told Sputnik in response to a question whether they had received an invitation to participate in the peace consultations in Sweden.

He commented on the UN role in this field, saying: “there is no even a vision or agenda nor clear affairs to hold lasting peace consultations at all.”

There are only calls released as media invitations, he said, adding that UN has not provided any vision or any agenda for dialogue.

“We call on the UN envoy and all parties that sponsor peace to have a serious call for peace because there should be a full and comprehensive dialogue and there should be a clear vision and agenda,” Al-Shami said.

“We are always with peace, we call for peace and we welcome any call for peace from the United Nations and others, but within the framework of a clear vision and a specific agenda,” he added.

He continued: “We are not against dialogue, we call for dialogue, and we believe that issues can only be resolved through dialogue and rapprochement among all parties.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Ansaruallah Spokesman: Coalition prepares for new escalation in Hodeidah

Published

on

SANA’A – Head of the national negotiating delegation and Spokesman of Ansaruallah, Mohammed Abdulsalam, on Thursday said Saudi-led coalition is preparing for a new escalation round in Hodeidah city.

Abdulsalam considered that the coalition’s declaration of halting military operations is only for misleading to gain further time to prepare for new attacks on the city.

“We see only agreements between the aggression four states, which are the same parties that launch the aggression directly,” said Abdulsalam.

The spokesman confirmed the lack of serious political contacts to seek real solutions or real calm.

“In each round of the aggression rounds on Yemen, the escalation usually begins and decreases or fades without a declaration of truce,” he added.

Continue Reading

Featured

Mohammed al-Houthi: Yemen is ready for peace rather than a surrender

Published

on

SANA’A – Chairman of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi appreciated all the international efforts for peace, stressing that Yemen welcomes and is ready for peace rather than a surrender.

“Yemen is reviewing the remarks made by the British Foreign Secretary and communicating with the UN envoy to Yemen,”  Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said in a thread of tweets on Tuesday, adding that “seriousness is required as the humanitarian situation of the Yemeni people worsens as a result of the US-backed Saudi-led coalition blockade and aggression on Yemen.”

Al-Houthi demanded that a representative of the Yemeni people should be present at the next Security Council meeting, stating that the voice rejecting the occupation and aggression has not yet been heard.

“Mohammed al-Houthi pointed out that the so-called “Yemeni representative” in the Security Council Chamber represents the side of the invaders and mercenaries, not the Yemeni people.”

He stressed that the Yemeni people have the right to explain their vision and that now is the time that the whole world must know who is calling for peace, and who is refusing it”.

Continue Reading

Top stories