Connect with us

In Depth

Mass Hadhramaut protests tear down Saudi coalition leaders’ pictures, call for end of invasion

Mass protests have rocked Hadhramaut province, in the Saudi-occupied south-east of Yemen. Demonstrators have taken to tearing down and ripping up pictures of the invading coalition’s leaders, and demanding the overthrow of the Hadi regime and an end to the Saudi occupation.

Published

on

SANA’A – Mass protests in the south-eastern Yemeni province of Hadhramaut have continued to swell over the past days. Protesters are demanding the overthrow of the Saudi-backed regime of Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi, and the immediate withdrawal of the Saudi-led invading forces from Yemen.

Angry groups of Hadhrami protesters tore down and ripped up pictures of the leaders of Saudi coalition member states that have been raised in the past years by the invaders as part of a propaganda campaign. Others hung huge protest banners over signs and posters bearing the faces of the invading coalition’s leaders.

The mass protests, that have been taking place all over the Saudi-occupied south and east of Yemen, were sparked by a dramatic downfall of value of the Yemeni riyal, continuing economic crisis and the soaring prices of necessary commodities, all resulting from the Saudi-led invasion and war that has been plaguing Yemen for over three years.

But from the very beginning, political slogans targeting the invasion and occupation itself were also heard. In Mukalla, the provincial capital of Hadhramaut, thousands of demonstrators chanted slogans against the invaders and the Hadi puppet regime. Three of them were wounded when mercenary forces opened fire on the crowd.

The people of the occupied South and East of Yemen have been suffering for years under the yoke of Saudi occupation, which has brought rampant poverty, food shortages and continuous infighting between different armed militias and terrorist groups to Yemen.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Featured

Information Minister: UN envoy for Yemen has not contacted us about the new consultations in Sweden

Published

on

SANA’A – The international envoy for Yemen, Martin Griffiths, has not contacted with the national salvation government about holding a new round of consultations in Sweden, Information Minister Deifallah Al-Shami said on Friday.

“So far, there is no communication about finding a peaceful, just and comprehensive solution at all,” Deifallah Al-Shami told Sputnik in response to a question whether they had received an invitation to participate in the peace consultations in Sweden.

He commented on the UN role in this field, saying: “there is no even a vision or agenda nor clear affairs to hold lasting peace consultations at all.”

There are only calls released as media invitations, he said, adding that UN has not provided any vision or any agenda for dialogue.

“We call on the UN envoy and all parties that sponsor peace to have a serious call for peace because there should be a full and comprehensive dialogue and there should be a clear vision and agenda,” Al-Shami said.

“We are always with peace, we call for peace and we welcome any call for peace from the United Nations and others, but within the framework of a clear vision and a specific agenda,” he added.

He continued: “We are not against dialogue, we call for dialogue, and we believe that issues can only be resolved through dialogue and rapprochement among all parties.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Ansaruallah Spokesman: Coalition prepares for new escalation in Hodeidah

Published

on

SANA’A – Head of the national negotiating delegation and Spokesman of Ansaruallah, Mohammed Abdulsalam, on Thursday said Saudi-led coalition is preparing for a new escalation round in Hodeidah city.

Abdulsalam considered that the coalition’s declaration of halting military operations is only for misleading to gain further time to prepare for new attacks on the city.

“We see only agreements between the aggression four states, which are the same parties that launch the aggression directly,” said Abdulsalam.

The spokesman confirmed the lack of serious political contacts to seek real solutions or real calm.

“In each round of the aggression rounds on Yemen, the escalation usually begins and decreases or fades without a declaration of truce,” he added.

Continue Reading

Featured

Mohammed al-Houthi: Yemen is ready for peace rather than a surrender

Published

on

SANA’A – Chairman of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi appreciated all the international efforts for peace, stressing that Yemen welcomes and is ready for peace rather than a surrender.

“Yemen is reviewing the remarks made by the British Foreign Secretary and communicating with the UN envoy to Yemen,”  Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said in a thread of tweets on Tuesday, adding that “seriousness is required as the humanitarian situation of the Yemeni people worsens as a result of the US-backed Saudi-led coalition blockade and aggression on Yemen.”

Al-Houthi demanded that a representative of the Yemeni people should be present at the next Security Council meeting, stating that the voice rejecting the occupation and aggression has not yet been heard.

“Mohammed al-Houthi pointed out that the so-called “Yemeni representative” in the Security Council Chamber represents the side of the invaders and mercenaries, not the Yemeni people.”

He stressed that the Yemeni people have the right to explain their vision and that now is the time that the whole world must know who is calling for peace, and who is refusing it”.

Continue Reading

Top stories