Connect with us

Featured

Pictures: Saudi advance at Mount Qaiss repelled

Published

on

Newly released pictures by the Yemeni Military Media depicts Saudi forces in their failed advance attempt around Mount Qaiss, close to the southern Saudi port city of Jazan, located in Jizan Governorate.

The Yemeni Armed Forces consisting of the Army and the volunteer force “Popular Committees” have gained a foothold in the southern parts of Saudi Arabia, which makes it tricky for the Saudi Armed Forces to reclaim lost territory. 

The cross-border military operations come in response to the Saudi-led/US-backed ongoing aggression and blockade on Yemen since March 26, 2015. The now Southern Saudi regions of Najran, Asir and Jizan are part of the historical greater Yemen that were annexed by Saudi Arabia during the Saudi-Yemeni war of 1934, before they were officially ceded to Saudi Arabia by former Yemeni president Saleh at the Jeddah convention back in 2000, thus ending a 60 year old land dispute.

The Saudi regime is leading a coalition of mostly Arab countries under the full support of the US, UK and France along with their allies, bombing Yemen under the pretext of rolling back the gains of the Houthis (aka Ansarallah) and bringing back to power the fugitive President Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi.

The Saudi-led coalition began bombing Yemen in March 26,  2015, creating a humanitarian crisis and famine conditions in Yemen, the Arab world’s poorest nation. Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have been killed or injured.

Featured

Information Minister: UN envoy for Yemen has not contacted us about the new consultations in Sweden

Published

on

SANA’A – The international envoy for Yemen, Martin Griffiths, has not contacted with the national salvation government about holding a new round of consultations in Sweden, Information Minister Deifallah Al-Shami said on Friday.

“So far, there is no communication about finding a peaceful, just and comprehensive solution at all,” Deifallah Al-Shami told Sputnik in response to a question whether they had received an invitation to participate in the peace consultations in Sweden.

He commented on the UN role in this field, saying: “there is no even a vision or agenda nor clear affairs to hold lasting peace consultations at all.”

There are only calls released as media invitations, he said, adding that UN has not provided any vision or any agenda for dialogue.

“We call on the UN envoy and all parties that sponsor peace to have a serious call for peace because there should be a full and comprehensive dialogue and there should be a clear vision and agenda,” Al-Shami said.

“We are always with peace, we call for peace and we welcome any call for peace from the United Nations and others, but within the framework of a clear vision and a specific agenda,” he added.

He continued: “We are not against dialogue, we call for dialogue, and we believe that issues can only be resolved through dialogue and rapprochement among all parties.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Ansaruallah Spokesman: Coalition prepares for new escalation in Hodeidah

Published

on

SANA’A – Head of the national negotiating delegation and Spokesman of Ansaruallah, Mohammed Abdulsalam, on Thursday said Saudi-led coalition is preparing for a new escalation round in Hodeidah city.

Abdulsalam considered that the coalition’s declaration of halting military operations is only for misleading to gain further time to prepare for new attacks on the city.

“We see only agreements between the aggression four states, which are the same parties that launch the aggression directly,” said Abdulsalam.

The spokesman confirmed the lack of serious political contacts to seek real solutions or real calm.

“In each round of the aggression rounds on Yemen, the escalation usually begins and decreases or fades without a declaration of truce,” he added.

Continue Reading

Featured

Mohammed al-Houthi: Yemen is ready for peace rather than a surrender

Published

on

SANA’A – Chairman of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi appreciated all the international efforts for peace, stressing that Yemen welcomes and is ready for peace rather than a surrender.

“Yemen is reviewing the remarks made by the British Foreign Secretary and communicating with the UN envoy to Yemen,”  Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said in a thread of tweets on Tuesday, adding that “seriousness is required as the humanitarian situation of the Yemeni people worsens as a result of the US-backed Saudi-led coalition blockade and aggression on Yemen.”

Al-Houthi demanded that a representative of the Yemeni people should be present at the next Security Council meeting, stating that the voice rejecting the occupation and aggression has not yet been heard.

“Mohammed al-Houthi pointed out that the so-called “Yemeni representative” in the Security Council Chamber represents the side of the invaders and mercenaries, not the Yemeni people.”

He stressed that the Yemeni people have the right to explain their vision and that now is the time that the whole world must know who is calling for peace, and who is refusing it”.

Continue Reading

Top stories