Connect with us

In The News

Saudi-backed Hadi regime has tourist office in Aden closed by private owner after being unable to pay rent

An office of the Hadi regime’s Ministry of Tourism was closed by a private landlord on Wednesday, after the Saudi-backed regime failed to pay rent on the property, showcasing the severe lack of influence and power in Yemen the puppet administration has.

Published

on

SANA’A – The regime of ousted Yemeni president Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is still being propped up as the “president of Yemen” by the Saudi-led invasion coalition, is known for its relative powerlessness in actual affairs considering the areas of Yemen that have been occupied by the invaders. But Wednesday’s events in Aden showcased an even more far-reaching lack of power, when a private landlord closed down an official Hadi regime tourist office due to its inability even pay rent for the property.

On Wednesday, the office of the Ministry of Tourism in the southern port city was closed by the owner of the residential building. This was reported by the Yemen Press Agency by a local official. The landlord took the drastic step after the Ministry continuously had failed to pay the rent for the building.

According to sources in the occupied south and east of Yemen, the foreclosure of ministry, office and judicial court buildings has happened more often in the area, as the Hadi regime has little to no funds of its own left. While officially being supported as the “legitimate government of Yemen”, the Hadi administration receives barely any finances from the occupied territories of Yemen itself, with most of the natural resources in the south and east of Yemen being controlled by Saudi or UAE occupation forces.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Featured

Information Minister: UN envoy for Yemen has not contacted us about the new consultations in Sweden

Published

on

SANA’A – The international envoy for Yemen, Martin Griffiths, has not contacted with the national salvation government about holding a new round of consultations in Sweden, Information Minister Deifallah Al-Shami said on Friday.

“So far, there is no communication about finding a peaceful, just and comprehensive solution at all,” Deifallah Al-Shami told Sputnik in response to a question whether they had received an invitation to participate in the peace consultations in Sweden.

He commented on the UN role in this field, saying: “there is no even a vision or agenda nor clear affairs to hold lasting peace consultations at all.”

There are only calls released as media invitations, he said, adding that UN has not provided any vision or any agenda for dialogue.

“We call on the UN envoy and all parties that sponsor peace to have a serious call for peace because there should be a full and comprehensive dialogue and there should be a clear vision and agenda,” Al-Shami said.

“We are always with peace, we call for peace and we welcome any call for peace from the United Nations and others, but within the framework of a clear vision and a specific agenda,” he added.

He continued: “We are not against dialogue, we call for dialogue, and we believe that issues can only be resolved through dialogue and rapprochement among all parties.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Ansaruallah Spokesman: Coalition prepares for new escalation in Hodeidah

Published

on

SANA’A – Head of the national negotiating delegation and Spokesman of Ansaruallah, Mohammed Abdulsalam, on Thursday said Saudi-led coalition is preparing for a new escalation round in Hodeidah city.

Abdulsalam considered that the coalition’s declaration of halting military operations is only for misleading to gain further time to prepare for new attacks on the city.

“We see only agreements between the aggression four states, which are the same parties that launch the aggression directly,” said Abdulsalam.

The spokesman confirmed the lack of serious political contacts to seek real solutions or real calm.

“In each round of the aggression rounds on Yemen, the escalation usually begins and decreases or fades without a declaration of truce,” he added.

Continue Reading

Featured

Mohammed al-Houthi: Yemen is ready for peace rather than a surrender

Published

on

SANA’A – Chairman of the Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi appreciated all the international efforts for peace, stressing that Yemen welcomes and is ready for peace rather than a surrender.

“Yemen is reviewing the remarks made by the British Foreign Secretary and communicating with the UN envoy to Yemen,”  Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said in a thread of tweets on Tuesday, adding that “seriousness is required as the humanitarian situation of the Yemeni people worsens as a result of the US-backed Saudi-led coalition blockade and aggression on Yemen.”

Al-Houthi demanded that a representative of the Yemeni people should be present at the next Security Council meeting, stating that the voice rejecting the occupation and aggression has not yet been heard.

“Mohammed al-Houthi pointed out that the so-called “Yemeni representative” in the Security Council Chamber represents the side of the invaders and mercenaries, not the Yemeni people.”

He stressed that the Yemeni people have the right to explain their vision and that now is the time that the whole world must know who is calling for peace, and who is refusing it”.

Continue Reading

Top stories