Connect with us

Western Front

Yemeni Army spokesman: Battle for Hodeidah is won, Saudi coalition forces should surrender

Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces, Sharaf Luqman, has stated in an official press interview that the Battle of Hodeidah is basically over, calling for the surrender of the many Saudi coalition troops that are currently trapped and surrounded by Yemeni forces.

Published

on

SANA’A – Colonel Sharaf Luqman, official spokesman of the Armed Forces of Yemen, stated in an official interview with Al-Mayadeen that the Battle of Hodeidah is over, and has resulted in full victory for the forces loyal to the National Salvation Government of the Republic of Yemen.

Addressing the international community, Colonel Luqman confirmed that Hodeidah Airport, the main target of recent Saudi-led attacks, is fully under control of Yemen’s defenders, and that the Saudi mercenary units have been stopped and surrounded no closer than 6 kilometres away from the area. The so-called Amalika brigades, led by mercenary leader Tariq Afash are also currently being besieged by the Yemeni Armed Forces and the Popular Committees, Luqman added.

The official Yemeni Army spokesman continued by stating that the battle for the West Coast is now basically over, and called on all Saudi-backed forces to surrender.

Sharaf Luqman furthermore compared the Saudi-led attack against the city of Hodeidah to a suicide bombing, resulting in major damage and carnage but killing the attacker in the process. All developments on the field, the Colonel stated, point to the fact that the mercenary forces are being terminated.

The words of Colonel Sharaf Luqman were confirmed by member of the Ansarullah political office Mohammed al-Bekhiti, who reported from inside Hodeidah Airport, attesting to the fact that all Saudi coalition forces withdrew from the general area after continued failure to conquer the area from the hands of the Yemeni Armed Forces.

The Saudi offensive to capture Hodeidah and its surroundings, which started on June 13, has reportedly costed hundreds of Saudi coalition and mercenary lives, and has so far failed to produce any result.

Historian specializing in Arab history, Islamic studies and geopolitical analysis. Active in the anti-imperialist movement in Belgium

Advertisement
Click to comment

Western Front

Ansarullah: Balance of power in favor of defence forces in Hodeidah

The balance of power is in favour of the Yemeni defenders in the Hodeidah frontline. This was said by Ansarullah Political Bureau member Mohammed al-Bukhaiti in the wake of the fourth major Saudi attempt to conquer the city of Hodeidah.

Published

on

SANA’A – The situation in Hodeidah, despite heavy attacks by the Saudi-led coalition, is heavily in favour of the national forces defending the city. This is what Mohammed al-Bukhaiti, member of the Political Bureau of Ansarullah, said during a televised interview by Al-Jazeera.

During an interview with the Qatar-based news agency, al-Bukhaiti stated that the Yemeni Armed Forces have made great progress on numerous fronts in Hodeidah province, and has inflicted heavy casualties on the invaders.

Despite ongoing hostilities in Hodeidah, marking the fourth major attempt by Saudi Arabia to take the city, the situation on the ground shows that the national defence forces are heavily in favour, the Ansarullah bureau member said.

Al-Bukhaiti also called on the Yemeni people to redouble their efforts in order to force the Saudi-led invaders to consider a peaceful solution.

Saudi Arabia has been trying to capture Hodeidah for months, with each attempt ending in abject failure and heavy casualties amongst the invaders.

Continue Reading

Western Front

Yemeni army beats back Saudi attack in Hodeidah, killing 40

Yet another major Saudi attack against Hodeidah was foiled by the Yemeni Armed Forces on Monday, inflicting heavy casualties on the invaders.

Published

on

SANA’A – The Armed Forces of Yemen have defeated yet another Saudi-led attack in the south of Hodeidah province, driving the invading forces back with heavy losses.

According to military spokesperson Brigadier Yahya Sarie, a Saudi attack in the south and east of Hodeidah, targeting the Kilo 16 and airport areas, was beaten back by the defenders of Yemen. Brigadier Sarie furthermore stated that at least 40 invading troops were killed and 60 wounded during the clash, and confirmed that the Saudi s were unable to make any progress.

Also according to the military spokesman, the Saudi Air Force engaged in blind attacks during the confrontations, even ending up bombing their own mercenary forces. Sarei confirmed that several mercenaries, mostly working for the Tariq Afash or Giants’ Brigades mercenary gangs, were killed by Saudi friendly fire.

Brigadier Yahya Sarie concluded his report by stating that the drone and artillery forces from the Yemeni army have engaged in long-distance shelling of invader forces near the Kilo 16 area.

Continue Reading

Featured

Video: 3 coalition’s military mechanisms destroyed in western coast

Published

on

HODEIDAH – Footage released on Sunday by the military media of Yemeni army showing the army forces destroying three military mechanisms belonging to Saudi-led coalition forces in western province of Hodeidah.

The video showed the army forces destroying a military bulldozer and setting fire to two military pickups in Tuhitah district of the western coast of Yemen.

Continue Reading

Top stories